Upcoming Events in Shepherd
From the Shepherd Chamber of Commerce, here is a summary of upcoming community events.
- Shepherd Public Schools Parade – School parade will be at 1:30 pm weather permitting. The kids will come up Fourth Street by the Methodist Church and down Wright Avenue to Second Street, turning there at the CRD library back to the school via Maple Street. Always so cute!
- Trunk or Treat – Trunk or Treat will be on Wright Avenue between Second and Third Streets with that section of road being closed at 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm for the safety of the kids during this event. If you would like to have a spot to pass out candy, please call me at 828-5278 if you haven’t already reserved a spot! So much fun for the kids and easy on the parents who can mingle in the middle of the closed road!
- Trick or Treating – Trick or Treat hours in the Village are from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Please be kind, respectful and courteous of others. Always take precaution when driving through the Village during this time.
- Time Change – Don’t forget to Fall back November 5.
- Buck Pole – Opening day November 15th. The annual BUCK POLE will be at the Salt River Park. Notice will be coming out soon! Bragging rights allowed! And there will be prizes!
- Holly Jolly Christmas Parade – Here Comes Santa. November 30th, Thursday. If you would like to be in the parade, please see attached application – the more the merrier! Parade will start at 5:45 at the school bus loop up Chippewa Street to Wright Avenue and down Wright Avenue to the Village Park where Santa and Mrs. Claus will be dropped off to visit with all the children! The area in front of the Santa house on Wright Avenue will be closed for this event. PLEASE NOTE: there will be a Toys for Tots float accepting teddy bear donations during the parade to give away at Christmas and there will also be a Animal Shelter float accepting items for your furry family friends because they need Christmas presents too!
- Chamber Christmas Dinner Gathering – Will be on December 12. More details to come later.
Source: Shepherd Chamber of Commerce