Shepherd High School
Veteran’s Day Program
- A Veteran’s Day Program was held inside the Shepherd High School gymnasium today.
- Jay Gross captured the event on video.
- The treats prepared for the reception following the program featured a lot of red, white, and blue frosting.
- The Shepherd Police Department wrote, “Please join Shepherd High School and Shepherd Middle School at 9:15am today, in our High School gymnasium, as we honor our nation’s Veterans, and those who are currently serving, and the sacrifices those individuals and families make to serve our country.”
Share your account of the Veteran’s Day Program. Post your submissions directly from the Shepherd Journal website, or send email to email@example.com.
# 30 #
- If you are attending completion day tomorrow, you will need to enter at the doors located down by the media center.
- Girls basketball – we are having a parents meeting Monday, November 13th at 5:00 p.m. in high school gym.
- If you are bowling this year, make sure that your physical is on file before your first practice which is November 13th.
- Don’t miss out on your high school memories! You will enjoy them at your high school reunions! Order your yearbook for $50, which is the lowest price of the year. Order online at jostensyearbooks.com or see Mrs. Bellinger in room 101 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# 30 #
Blue Jay Gold Wall
- From the Shepherd High School page, “We are super excited to show off our new Blue Jay Gold Wall! The plan is to highlight significant accomplishments of our students and staff! Go Blue!”
# 30 #
Shepherd Middle School
SMS Teacher Daniel TerBurgh was keynote speaker during Veterans Day program
Daniel TerBurgh, social studies teacher for the Shepherd Middle School, gave the keynote speech during the Veteran’s Day program. The Shepherd Middle School Facebook page stated, “We are very proud of Mr. Daniel TerBurgh, SMS Social Studies teacher, as he gave the Veterans Day Assembly speech to the 6th-12th grade student body today. His speech made a great impact on all who were in attendance including many parents, community members, and military veterans.”
The SMS Facebook page also stated, “Staff Sergeant Dan TerBurgh enlisted in the Marines in 1998 and served for nine years. During his active duty, SSgt. TerBurgh served two tours in Iraq; Operation Iraqi Freedom from March to May, 2003 and served in the city of Fallujah, Iraq, September 2006 to May 2007. Mr. TerBurgh is a great role model for our students at SMS. He also coaches JV football for the Blue Jays in the fall. We thank him for his service and are happy that he is a part of our SMS family. Go Jays!!”
# 30 #
“Grateful Giving” competition kicked off November 6
The Shepherd Middle School and the Shepherd High School are competing this month to find out which school can bring in the most items. “Middle school blue jays, are you ready to take on the high school? Today kicks off our grateful giving month! Check the fliers around the school to see what items to bring each week. At the end of the week, we will see if the high school or the middle school has collected more items in order to win the Golden Blue Jay award! If we can collect more items than the high school by the end of the month, we will have a surprise reward!,” wrote the Shepherd Middle School Facebook Page. “This week, bring household cleaning supplies such as dish soap, disinfectant wipes, paper towels, sponges, stain remover, and more. Remember to check the fliers!”
# 30 #
Have school-related news you would like to see featured here? Contact the Shepherd Journal via email at email@example.com. Or, share news, event information, or news tips on the TSJ Education Chat Facebook group.