A Veterans Day Program will be held inside the Shepherd High School gymnasium starting at 9:15 a.m. on Friday, November 10th. During the program veterans from both present day and the past will be honored.
The program will run until 10:15 a.m., with a reception immediately afterward for veterans and guests.
For more information, check out the Veterans Day event on Facebook.
Veteran’s Day Program
- Dismiss at 9:05 for 9:15 Start
- Introductory video to salute our Veterans Day Tribute
- Welcome – Mrs. Gauthier
- “History of the Star Spangled Banner” – Michael Lator
- Singing of the Star-Spangled Banner – HS Choir & HS Band
- The History of Veterans Day – Mitchell Davidson
- History of Veteran’s Day video
- Pledge of Allegiance – MS Students – Paige Walters and Hanna Hamilton
- Introductory Remarks – Mrs. Heather Wolf
- “The Old Glory Story” – Amber Gall
- Musical Selection – Conducted by SHS Band & Choir, “Salute to America’s Finest,” arranged by Paul Lavendar
- Veteran’s Day We Took an Oath video
- “The Story of a Soldier” – Alaina Vanas
- Introduction of Speaker – Mrs. Gauthier
- Keynote Speaker – Staff Sgt. Daniel TerBurgh
- Recognition of Students With Relatives who have Served – Mr. Baltzer
- Recognition of the Veterans in Attendance – Mr. Baltzer
- Closing Remarks – Mrs. Gauthier
- Taps – Sarah Cox
Source: Shepherd High School, Jay Gross