News for Little Jays October 6, 2017 – ICYMI Edition
Shepherd Elementary School Procedure for Medications
- Include a physician’s signature on the SES medication authorization form
- Drop off the needed medication with the office or the school nurse
- Contact the school nurse if you have questions
- Treat cough drops as the same as any other medicine, and drop them off at the school with a medical authorization form
- Send medication with your child
- Send cough drops to school with your child, as they get shared with fellow students and can be a choking hazard
Get Connected with the Shepherd Elementary School on Social Media
Stay up to date with the latest news from the Shepherd Elementary School by subscribing to its social media feeds:
Shepherd Elementary School Tips
If your student will be out of school for a day and you need to make arrangements to have missed assignments sent home, it is best to call the main office before 11 a.m. This gives the teachers time to compile the homework assignments before the end of the school day.
It is that time of year when the weather gets a little cooler, especially in the morning during recess. Remember to send a jacket or warm sweatshirt with your student so they can stay warm.
Change in After School Plans
If you need to communicate a change in after school plans, then it is important to follow the procedure below:
- Changes must be into the office by 12 p.m.
- Changes can be communicated by note or phone, but if you do it by phone you should follow up with an email or fax message sent to the main office
- Don’t email teachers with changes in after school plans, as they need to go through the office.
Homecoming Dress Up Days
Here is a quick look at the dress up days for Homecoming week:
- Monday, October 9 – College Day
- Tuesday, October 10 – Class Color Day
Kindergarten – Red
1st – Orange
2nd – Yellow
3rd – Green
4th – Blue
5th – Black
- Wednesday, October 11 – Hat Day
- Thursday, October 12 – Mismatch Day
- Friday, October 13 – Blue and Gold Day
Upcoming Events for October
9 – 13 – Homecoming Spirit Week
13 – Homecoming Parade 5 p.m.
19 – ½ Day Students, Parent/Teacher Conferences
20 – No School, Parent/Teacher Conferences
31 – Halloween Party and Parade (weather permitting) – 1:15 p.m.
Source: Shepherd Elementary School